Written by Super User
The Objectives of the Centre shall be:
- To provide scientists, technologists and innovators hereinafter called “STI” and STI policy-makers from countries in the South with training, both short and long-term, in specified areas with the aim of improving their capacity in managing STI systems. This would include fellowships, training courses and workshops incorporating both specialized and project-oriented training;
- To establish links between academia and industry in order to facilitate information transfer between the public and private sectors, and the development of well-planned and relevant knowledge-based industries in participating countries;
- To address both common and specific problems faced by developing countries to set up knowledge-based enterprises in advanced technologies, such as information technology, biotechnology, nanotechnology etc.
- To develop networking and collaborative R&D and training programmes at regional and international levels including linking of designated nodal centres in participating countries; and
- To facilitate information exchange and dissemination.